With Halloween coming up and so many themed parties, I wanted to share some exciting and adventurous recipes with you! Let me begin with Dead Man’s Meat Loaf.
I want to first apologize to my vegetarian friends and assure you that I am not trying to be disrespectful. You can absolutely re-create this recipe using tofu to make a hauntingly delicious and creepy dinner for a party.
1-½ pounds ground beef
1 egg, beaten
¼-teaspoon garlic powder
¼-cup minced onion
Olives, corn kernels and pimentos for garnish
For the “blood”
½ cup of ketchup
¼ cup of brown sugar
To create your Meatloaf Man:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- In an ungreased baking pan, sculpt the meat mixture into a body shape.
- Using olives for eyes, corn kernels for teeth and pimientos for a mouth (or whatever you wish to use to decorate), create a face on your Meatloaf Man.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Pour the ketchup and brown sugar mixture around the Meatloaf Man (as seen in the photo).
The Meatloaf Man will serve six of your guests.
In discussing this idea with friends, meatloaf really became a topic of debate. Some of my friends mentioned adding cheese in the meatloaf to make it a little more appetizing. Honestly, whatever recipe you choose to use for meatloaf will work; the presentation is what matters most to make it super creepy for the haunting season.
For extra spookiness, place a butter knife into the Meatloaf Man to really encompass the Murder Mystery party theme!
For more fun, to have the ‘spirit’ of the Meatloaf Man, make mashed potatoes as you wish. Sculpt your mashed potatoes to look like ghosts and use pepper kernels for eyes.
Share your photos of how yours turned out! I hope it makes your Halloween Party extra spooky!
Recipe Adapted from the Creepy Cuisine Cookbook by Lucy Monroe.