I have just the treat that is sure to set your taste buds on fire! Or, is that heart on fire? Regardless of the phrase, I have the best treat for you to make for the loves of your life! You ready?
Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes. Tasty. A little tangy. And oh-so cute! These delicious cupcakes are pink, red and lovely. Here is how you make them:
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1-½ cups of granulated sugar
4 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
1-¼ cups (2-½ sticks) butter, softened, divided
1 cup, plus 6-8 tablespoons of milk, divided
2 teaspoons of vanilla, divided
2 containers (7 ounces each) of plain Greek yogurt
1 cup of seedless strawberry preserves
6 cups of powdered sugar, divided
¼ cup shortening
Pink food coloring
Heart-shaped sprinkles, sugar crystals or your choice of decoration
24 Valentine’s Day themed cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep 24 cupcake liners.
- Beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until blended. Add ½ cup butter; beat at medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 1-cup milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla; beat 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat 2 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans for five minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine yogurt and preserves in medium bowl until blended. Using a corer, press into center of cupcakes and remove. Fill the hollowed-out inside with the yogurt and preserves filling.
- For frosting, beat 3 cups powdered sugar, remaining ¾ cup of butter, shortening, 4 tablespoons of milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until smooth. Add remaining 3 cups powdered sugar and food coloring; beat until light and fluffy, adding remaining milk, 1 tablespoon at a time as needed for desired consistency.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes. Decorate with decors as desired.
Recipe adapted from: Disney Princess Cupcakes and More (yes, you are allowed to giggle but they have the best cupcakes and treat ideas for any party)!
This delicious recipe makes 24 cupcakes. Perfect for the little munchkins in your life, or the one you are spending Valentine’s Day with!